Commercial Insurance Underwriter
Are you a motivated, positive, and enthusiastic insurance professional who is looking to be part of a growing team? Aurora Underwriting Solutions is currently seeking a Commercial Insurance Underwriter to join our team.
Aurora Underwriting Solutions is a commercial insurance MGA serving retail brokers across Canada from our offices in Ontario and Edmonton. Our underwriting team provides first-class insurance products to meet clients’ ever-changing risk-management needs. We offer a wide range of products and work with brokers to provide the best coverage at competitive prices.
Aurora Underwriting is looking for a team player who has a positive attitude and a focus on providing exceptional customer service. The successful candidate will be provided the opportunity to:
- Underwrite commercial liability and property submissions with the intent to offer insurance solutions for our retail broker partners and contribute to a profitable portfolio of business
- Ensure proper underwriting, pricing, authorizing and documentation of moderate to complex commercial accounts
- Work within established underwriting authority limits, structured parameters, rating matrices, and defined guidelines given under the various Lloyd’s contracts
- Build strong relationships with our brokers by offering insurance solutions that assist them in their front-line sales and customer relationships
- Make recommendations to improve the department and increase its efficiency
- Be part of a national underwriting team
Skills You Will Need To Succeed
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to develop strong relationships with our brokers
- Strong negotiation skills and business savvy
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities, work independently with guidelines and show initiative
- Ability to problem-solve and make decisions
- 2 – 4 years of commercial P&C and/or Auto underwriting experience
- Completion of or working towards a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Or Risk Management designation is an asset
- Above average computer proficiency in – Excel, MS Office, Outlook, and/or Policyworks
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines, and technology
Values We Live By
At Aurora Underwriting, our team shapes who we are and the excellent service we provide to our brokers and their clients. We are a values-based company, meaning all our decisions and day-to-day operations are based on our 5 core values: GO BEYOND, EVOLVE, OWN IT, OUR PROMISE, UNIFIED.
- Go Beyond - Be exceptional, shine brightly
- Evolve - Think outside the box
- Own It - Empowered to deliver
- Our Promise - Do the right thing
- Unified - Together as one
What We Offer
- Group RRSP- company matching monthly amount
- Group Benefits Plan (health, dental, vision)
- Paid personal days
- 4 weeks’ paid vacation
- Extra paid days off at Christmas
- Competitive salary
- Monday to Friday work schedule – 8:30 a.m.to 4:30 p.m.
- 35-hour work week
- Our offices close early on Fridays of long weekends from May to October
- Career development opportunities
- Reimbursement for continuing education
- Full commission on employee home and auto policies
- Employee assistance program
Where To Apply
If you’re interested in joining the Aurora Underwriting team, please submit your resume to [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!
Aurora Underwriting Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora Underwriting Solutions is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of the hiring process. If you have any special requirements, please advise the interviewer during the recruitment and selection process.