Location: Edmonton, AB
Aurora Underwriting Solutions is currently seeking a positive and enthusiastic individual to join our team of insurance professionals as a Junior Insurance Underwriter.
Junior Insurance Underwriter
This role will offer you the opportunity to:
- Underwrite commercial liability and property submissions with the intent to offer insurance solutions for our retail brokers partners and contribute to a profitable portfolio of business
- Ensure proper underwriting, pricing, authorizing and documentation of moderate to complex new business submissions
- Work within established underwriting authority limits, structured parameters, rating matrices, and defined guidelines given under the various Lloyd’s contracts
- Build strong relationships with our brokers by offering insurance solutions that assist them in their front-line sales and customer relationships
- Make recommendations to improve the department and increase its efficiency
- Be part of a national underwriting team
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to develop strong relationships with our brokers
- Strong negotiation skills and business savvy
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities, work independently with guidelines and show initiative
- Ability to problem-solve and make decisions
- Post-Secondary education
- 1 – 7 years of commercial P&C underwriting experience
- Completion of or working towards a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Or Risk Management designation is an asset
- Above average computer proficiency in – Excel, MS Office, Outlook, and/or Policyworks
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines, and technology
Aurora Underwriting Solutions is a MGA Lloyds Coverholder. Aurora has offices in Alberta and Ontario and serves retail brokers across Canada. Aurora provides a range of insurance solutions including, Agriculture, Commercial Property, Commercial Liability, COC and Trucking CGL and Cargo.
If you’re interested in joining the Aurora Underwriting team, please submit your resume to [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!
Aurora Underwriting Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora Underwriting Solutions is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of the hiring process. If you have any special requirements, please advise the interviewer during the recruitment and selection process.